On Saturday 21 March 2015 16:20:17 Jc García wrote:
> > Interesting. But as I said ealier, I can reboot the system when I am a
> > user by Ctrl+Alt+Delete. The user can reboot the system, but can't shut
> > down? Strange
> It's not strange,  `man 2 reboot`. It's a defined behavior.

I'm with German here. Being designed that way doesn't stop it being strange.

Consider: I'm an ordinary user sitting at a terminal. I'm not allowed to
halt the machine, but I am allowed to reboot it into perhaps some quite
other configuration. Or I can keep rebooting it over and again, effectively
preventing the machine from doing its job. How does that make sense?

--
Rgds
Peter.