On 04/01/2015 07:03 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Has anyone else here noticed firefox consuming 15% or so of CPU time, even
> while it's not supposed to be doing anything? This is version 31.5.3, with
> just AdBlock Plus and YesScript added. I have remerged it and saw no
> difference.
>
> [ebuild   R    ] www-client/firefox-31.5.3::gentoo  USE="dbus jit minimal
> startup-notification -bindist -custom-cflags -custom-optimization -debug -
> gstreamer -hardened (-pgo) -pulseaudio (-selinux) -system-cairo -system-icu
> -system-jpeg -system-libvpx -system-sqlite {-test} -wifi" LINGUAS="en_GB
> [...]"

I was going to post no, but then I realized I have ~36.0.1 installed. I
also have more plugins installed. Now that I think of it, I updated to
unstable because of some issue I had, but for the life of me I can't
remember what it is.

I am using Adblock Plus, DownThemAll, Ghostery, NoRedirect, NoScript,
RequestPolicy, WOT, and Xmarks - no issues on 36.0.1. I stared at top
for about a minute and didn't notice any CPU usage.

Dan