On 2015-04-01, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 11:34:19 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
>
>> > Has anyone else here noticed firefox consuming 15% or so of CPU time,
>> > even while it's not supposed to be doing anything?
>>
>> Occasionally, I've had javascripts running away with the CPU,
>> which stops when I kill FF & restart it.  That's just bad JS
>> programming.
>
> Do you have to kill the whole browser and not just the offending tab?

Just the offending tab _should_ do it.

> That's just bad programming...

Probably.  From what I've seen, the web is build almost entirely out
on "bad programming".  I'm not sure it's even possible to do good
programming in PHP, though you can in JavaScript.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Why is it that when
                                  at               you DIE, you can't take