Andreas K. Huettel <dilfri...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Minor updates (5.x.y -> 5.x.y+1) do not need any rebuilds
> or reinstallations of modules.

This is at most partially correct:
At least, after the update, the install directories change;
here from

/usr/lib/perl5/{vendor_perl,}/5.20.1
/usr/lib/perl5/{vendor_perl,}/5.20.2

So, at least, perl-cleaner wants to rebuild, and it is sane
to do this (for various reasons: avoiding confusion with
mixed directories, compitability with binary packages,
omitting redundant directories).
Moreover, I didn't check before the rebuild, but after
the rebuild there is no 5.20.1 in @INC.
(So it might be even the case that the rebuild is *necessary*).

I suggest to either use the same 5.x directory for all
5.x versions, or to include 5.x.y into the subslot name
to avoid the above mentioned minor inconsistencies.

After all, the final aim is to use subslots instead of
perl-cleaner, isn't it?