On Mon, 8 June 2015, at 2:25 pm, James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> So I just ran across this word "emeried" and I can only find emory.
> I think "emeried" is obscure in both meaning and usage.

My 1970's copy of the 24-volume Oxford English Dictionary says that emery as a
verb is to rub with emery (e.g. emery paper, I guess).

So I guess an example sentence would be "before the panel can be repainted, it
must be emeried until all traces of the paint have been removed."

I agree this is obscure - I had to look it up, and my Mac's Dictionary.app
doesn't contain it, either.

Are you trying to fix the dictionary? I have often felt Unix /usr/share/dict
contains many words so obscure (or obsolete) as to be useless, but it seems to
me this not only needs to be addressed upstream, but it's also pretty much a
fulltime job for someone.

Stroller.