Hi list,

I've bought me a ultrabook dell vostro 5470, and I'm trying to get gentoo
running on it.

I'm having a few problems, but I'd like to correct the boot one first.

I'm installing it from ubuntu live cd, and the comand:

efibootmgr --create --disk /dev/sda --part 7 --label "Gentoo" --loader
"\boot\efi\boot\bootx64.efi"

seems to work. It put a entry on bios - Gentoo - but when I select it, the
windows start (second boot).

The handbook is not that clear, so I'm not sure if I should call /dev/sda7
of "--part 7". Other difference is I'm not using a separate /boot. Its
everything at /, so I'm also not not sure if this path is ok.

This seems to be the very simple, and I'd like to have it on my system. But
I've also tried grub2, and got the following error:

"grub2-install: error: cannot find EFI directory."

What should I do?

Thank you,

--
João Neto