Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 05:26:31 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>>> Take from that what you will. Note, the issues are for chromium and
>>> not for Google Chrome, shouldn't make a difference for what you want
>>> to know though.
>>>

>> Thanks.  That was what I was looking for.  I guess they did do this
>> then.  This may be the first time I checked into a story from that site
>> and it be true.  It seems google did sort of sneak some code in there.
>> o_O
>
> There is a now a USE flag to specifically enable this. It defaults to
> disabled but if you previously emerged chromium before the flag as added,
> you will still have it. Using --newuse will cause a world update to
> re-emerge chromium, but if you use --changed-use it doesn't, so re-emerge
> chromium if you want to get rid of this.

I use Seamonkey and Firefox.  I tried that thing once and I didn't like
it. I just saw this posted on a social site I'm on and the site the
article is on sometimes has good stories but a lot of the time, they are
questionable at least.  I just wanted to see if it was somewhat accurate
before folks started going all goofy over it.  It seems each distro is
patching a fix for this.  I don't know when people are going to learn
that enabling something like this by default and not mentioning it to
the users is going to create a dust storm.  A lot of people really watch
for things like this and they get upset when it happens.  This is why I
don't have a microphone or camera on my puter and never have.  I most
likely, never will.

Dale

:-)  :-)