On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 03:06:10 -0500
Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Is this for real?  I question the source and figure with all the Linux
> geeks we have here, someone here would know about this story and if it
> is real or not.
>
> http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2015/06/got-chrome-google-just-silently-downloaded-this-onto-your-computer-3173880.html

Thanks for pointing this out.  Like you, I don't have mics or cameras
connected to my desktops, but I do have a google tablet and I've used
the "Okay Google" feature before, so I knew about it.

But, I never thought about what I say when I have the tablet stuck in my
pocket, supposedly in "power-saving sleep mode".  No doubt in my mind
that the mic could still be listening if google wants it to be.