Am 16.07.2015 um 22:05 schrieb James:

> I spent days during early kernel upgrades getting grub2 happy.

You only need to run `grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg` after each
kernel update. I'm using grub2 not for such a long time, but I made some
kernel upgrades since I switched from grub-legacy to grub2 and had no
problems so far.

> The last (2) kernel updates when smooth.  I was also curious if
> anyone else has upgraded to
>
> grub- 2.02_beta2-r7   ?

I don't know when or if it was updated after I switched to grub2, but I
have grub 2.02_beta2-r7 installed and had no problems with it either.

But what can happen at worst when you update a boot loader? That your
boot loader fails to boot. So you can still boot from a LiveCD and
select the option "Boot from harddrive". Then you can easily fix the
boot loader.