Le 2015-08-17 14:58, »Q« a écrit :
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 20:46:44 +0200
Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:

Er, no. You don't. You really, really REALLY don't want to go Stage
1 :-)

My second install was a stage 1, way back in the day when the stage 3s
weren't fully usable out of the box yet. My first was a stage 2 (fully
documented back then) and for the second one I decided to be brave.

I did learn something, but it really wasn't worth the effort.
For my second or third install I also used a stage 2, and I completely
agree with you.

It is always interesting to experiment with challenging stuff. I still remember
the days when it was exciting just to be able to boot a Linux even though you
couldn't do much with it.

Michel

--
For Linux Software visit