>> On Friday, August 21, 2015 10:06:15 AM Francisco Ares wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > In fact, I can only suppose there's something related to changing from
>> > nepomuk to baloo:
>> >
>> > Now, every time I log in, a window pops up asking for root password.
>> The
>> > window title is "PolicyKit - KDE" and pressing the button "Details", it
>> > shows:
>> >
>> > Action: Folder Watch Limit
>> > polkit.subject-pid:    5254
>> > polkit.caller-pid:     6699
>> >
>> > Looking for those PIDs:
>> >
>> > ~ $ ps -A | grep 5254
>> >  5254 ?        00:00:07 baloo_file
>> >
>> > and PID 6699 doesn't show up any more, probably the process has already
>> > ended.
>> >
>> > Did I miss something? How do I set up Baloo? Looking on the net, I only
>> > found how to set up a file ~/.kde4/share/config/nepomukserverrc (that
>> was
>> > nonexistent, which seemed strange), is there something else regarding
>> the
>> > database it might be willing to use?
>>

>> Nepomuk, and now Baloo, want to open file-watchers on your system to get
>> change-notifications directly from the kernel (filesystem driver),
>> instead of
>> polling the filesystem.
>> This is actually better, performance wise.
>>
>> To avoid these message, I created the following file a long time ago:
>>
>> % cat /etc/sysctl.d/97-kde-nepomuk-filewatch-inotify.conf
>> fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 65536
>>
>> Guess I will need to change the name of that file now :)
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Joost
>>

> Thank you, Joost.
>
> Best Regards,
> Francisco

Checking on the file pointed by Joost, I've found it on my filesystem), but
there is another file, an almost exact copy, for baloo:

~ # l /etc/sysctl.d/
total 28K
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4,0K Ago 21 10:50 ./
drwxr-xr-x 160 root root  12K Ago 21 10:22 ../
-rw-r--r--   1 root root   36 Ago 21 09:16
97-kde-baloo-filewatch-inotify.conf

-rw-r--r--   1 root root   36 Mai  7  2014
97-kde-nepomuk-filewatch-inotify.conf

~ # cat /etc/sysctl.d/97-kde-*
fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 65536
fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 32768

The first value (65536) is from 97-kde-baloo-filewatch-inotify.conf .  The
second (32768) is from 97-kde-nepomuk-filewatch-inotify.conf.

So, the mystery goes on...

Thanks,
Francisco