Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On 02/09/2015 06:57, wraeth wrote:

>>> Apology if I didn't most enough information. I know should have
>>> post "emerge --info" but when it comes to error log.  It is very,
>>> very long and email wouldn't be able to accept it; so I cat the
>>> ending message as this is the point it stop compiling.
>> For large files, you can either paste the file to a pastebin service
>> and give us the URL, compress it with gzip or bzip2 and attach that,
>> or give us the last 250 lines or so.
>
> Every list has their own particular preference to things. Here on
> gentoo-user, since the very beginning, list users have preferred to not
> use pastebin services - they go away and the real information is forever
> lost.
>
> There's never a good reason for use needing an entire build log if it's
> big, it's fine to find the first error in the log and send from there to
> the end. Users quickly discover how to find the first error.

I have found that it is usually "Error 1".  That's what I put in the
Find thingy to look for IF it is not real close by.  I generally go up a
few lines and then start my copy and paste.

I can't count how many times I have searched for a problem and run into
paste bin links that no longer work.  It is really aggravating when you
think you found something and it turns out it has disappeared.

Dale

:-)  :-)