On Friday 04 Sep 2015 03:46:04 Dale wrote:
> Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 03, 2015 8:47:34 PM Dale wrote:
> >
> > I don't know if this will help or not but don't forget the zap option.
> >
> > root@fireball / # /etc/init.d/dhcpcd  <tab twice>
> > broken   ineed    iuse     needsme  pause    restart  start    status
> > stop     usesme   zap
> > root@fireball / # /etc/init.d/dhcpcd
> >
> > It's been a long time since I used it but if I recall correctly that
> > resets the status.  I think it stops and deletes any files that stores
> > its run status.
> >
> > If that doesn't apply, just ignore me.  Heck, a lot of people ignore
> > me.  lol
> >
> > Dale
> >
> > :-)  :-)
> >
> > It does. I knew about it but never used it and didn't know what it'll do
> > if the permissions are wrong so I thought I'd minimize the chances of
> > being wrong.
>
> I wasn't sure if it would help or not.  I know it has worked in the past
> for me but it has been while.  I usually tell the service to stop, make
> sure any processes are dead, with kill command if needed, and then use
> the zap thing.  Maybe try that as a last resort if nothing else.
>
> I just didn't want to not mention it and it turn out to be just what was
> needed.  ;-)
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

You can increase its verbosity in /etc/init.d/dhcpcd, so that the logs show
more of what is happening to cause the crash.

Also, here at least, I have /run/dhcpcd/ with its subdirectories as well as
/run/dhcpcd-enp11s0.pid both owned by root:root, but this is a laptop and the
dhcpcd is launched by ifplugd.

--
Regards,
Mick