On Thursday 17 Sep 2015 02:11:44 waben...@gmail.com wrote:
> Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I just noticed that the driver for my old printer no longer shows up
> > in cups, on one of my PCs.  Comparison with other PCs shows that this
> > one does *not* have the hpijs USE set.
> >
> > Could someone who also does not have hpijs set in their hplip tell me
> > if the HP DeskJet 930C selection is missing, when they load up the
> > GUI via https://127.0.0.1:631 and then try to modify a printer?
> >
> > Until this week there wasn't a problem with this PC so I am not sure
> > what changed ...
> >
> > I've set it up with DeskJet 932c for now without USE=hpijs and it
> > seems to work, so I am in two minds if I need hpijs or if I need to
> > use the 930c driver anyway.
>
> I don't have USE flag hpijs set for hplip (3.14.10) and when I modify
> my printer, there are two lines for HP DeskJet 930C shown up:
>
> HP Deskjet 930C Foomatic/cdj550 (en)
> HP Deskjet 930c, hpcups 3.14.10 (en)
>
> My USE flags for hplip are:
>
> X doc hpcups libnotify qt4 scanner snmp -fax -hpijs -kde -libusb0 -minimal
> -parport -policykit -static-ppds
>
> --
> Regards
> wabe

Thank you wabe.  This is just how I recalled this should be and confirms my
suspicions that hpijs is not needed.  I am at a loss as to why 930c suddenly
disappeared from the list of available drivers.  I am also at the latest
stable hplip-3.14.10.

Could this be btrfs playing up and messing up cups?  O_o

--
Regards,
Mick