Dale wrote:

> OK.  My emerge -e world finished, with a couple that failed such as
> libreoffice, kscreen and such, but the problem remains.  Since no one
> else is having this problem, based on no one posting about it, then I
> have to assume it is a add-on I use.  Also, safe-mode works too.  Odd
> thing is, when I start it on the command line to see if it reports any
> errors, I get the same output whether it works or not. This is what I
> get either way.
>

> dale@fireball / $ seamonkey -p -new-instance
>
> (process:11385): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
>
> (process:11385): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
> dale@fireball / $
>

> No clue what that Glib error is about but either way, it works even
> when it spits out that error.  So, now to play with these add-ons and
> see which one is the offender.  One of them is about to be on my bad
> list.  So far, adblock works.  Whew!!!
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

Update.  I booted into safe-mode.  I removed ALL add-ons, not disable
but removed them.  I then added them back one at a time until it
wouldn't come up.  It seems Lastpass has a problem.  When I add it back,
it goes belly up with all feet/hands in the air, some swelling starting
too.  Think road kill.  Basically, it's bad.  All the other add-ons seem
to work fine and let Firefox load up fine.  So, I'm off to dig into the
Lastpass world.  Some initial digging is turning up something about
changes to Firefox and how add-ons work, or don't it would seem.

So, if your Firefox doesn't load up, disable Lastpass first and give it
a test run.  It just may help things.

Don't ask me what my passwords are right now.  o_O  At least Seamonkey
is working.

Dale

:-)  :-)