the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> On 11/06/2015 02:04 AM, Mick wrote:
>> On Thursday 05 Nov 2015 23:45:11 the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
>>> I'm putting a new box, it will run Gentoo (hylafax, Asterisk) and
>>> Windows 7 in VirtualBox (mainly).  Box will run 24/7.
>>>
>>> Below are the components. Will I have a problem with any of them or is
>>> there a better choice?
>>> (the box need to be small as I don't have much room).
>>>
>>> - INWIN BL631 Low Power Micro ATX Case w/300W power supply
>> What is the PSU?  For a 24-7 server/workstation this becomes a critical
>> component and other than your SSD a cause of early failure.  Buy something
>> with good quality capacitors (Japanese), or be prepared to get your
>> soldering
>> out in the not too distant future.
> YES, yes that is my concern as well. Many of my boxes are running 24/7
> and I have replaced PSU many time.
> For example I have: Intel Atom CPU 330 @1.60GHz (run 24/7 Hylafax +
> Asterisk)
> It a tiny box, has one of those external 12V power adapters, I have
> replaced that adapter 2-times and my the PS fried as well at the same
> time, so I think PS was responsible for it.  I have now SSD 250GB in it.
>
> So yes, I would like to find good power supply with JAPANESE capacitors
> if possible.  That Chinese piece of CRAP doesn't last long.
>
> Any recommendation for PSU with JAPANESE capacitors?
> My problem is I'm buying a small case again:
> INWIN BL631 Low Power Micro ATX Case  13" x 3.8" x 14.4"
>
> so I don't know if I'll have very many choices when it comes to PSU
>   <<<SNIP >>>
> --
> Thelma

You may want to look at the reviews here:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Review_Cat&recatnum=13

They test these themselves and if they pass their tests, they should be
good.  Also, they take them apart to see what parts are in there.  That
will give you a clue if it has good high quality caps in it or not.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)