Jc García <jyo.garcia <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > [blocks B      ] sys-fs/eudev ("sys-fs/eudev" is blocking
> > sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration-4, sys-apps/systemd-226-r2)
> > [blocks B      ] sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration
> > ("sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration" is blocking sys-fs/udev-225,
> > sys-fs/eudev-3.1.5)
> > [blocks B      ] sys-apps/systemd ("sys-apps/systemd" is blocking
> > sys-fs/udev-225, sys-fs/eudev-3.1.5)

> > So just  emerge -C sys-apps/systemd sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration
> > sys-fs/udev

> You can only have one of sys-apps/systemd, sys-fs/udev or sys-fs/eudev
> installed, portage won't let you install 2(since there's files
> collision), see the contents of virual/udev, so there's no point in
> trying to remove 2 of them from a system, "All softs of things are now
> calling for systemd" isn't really digging into the problem, and being
> honest not that many packages have sys-apps/systemd in any of *DEPEND,
> you should check better why is systemd being pulled( emerge -pvt),
> maybe some use flags misconfiguration.

YES. I agree with you guys. I have -systemd in make.conf for a long time now.
Nothing depends on the sysmtemd flag or software, since forever. OpenRC here.
I synced last night and this blocking occurred, its new and I have not many
any changes on this system except for new packages. I suspect something low
level with udev, but I cannot find what's causing it.

on 'gentoo-dev' I read the thread on "  Changing order of default
virtual/udev ". Being in the camp of 100% against systemd, something has
changed and I need help ferreting in out.

equery hasuse systemd

reveals nothing that has the systemd flag set. I should have changed over to
eudev a long time ago.  So I need to remove whatever and make the change
now. I run lxde for a desktop, if that matters. Is there syntax to dive
deeper into what's causing this sudden change?

sys-apps/systemd is not even installed, but it shows up as a blocker?
gentoo-systemd-integration is not installed, but it's a blocker.

udev::
[I] virtual/udev
     Available versions:  215 ~217 {systemd}
     Installed versions:  215(10:34:27 PM 02/15/2015)(-systemd)

So, for me it's time to take the risk and remove udev and install eudev.
I do appreciate guidance and wisdom and especially syntax ideas, but
the decision is already made.

Advice?

James