160318 waben...@gmail.com wrote:
> Alan Grimes <alonz...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> Philip Webb wrote:
>>> So that needs rephrasing : "Why is AG using KDE 5 ? " (smile).
>>> Everything works for me using Fluxbox + some KDE 4 apps.
>> The last good version of KDE was 3.5.x.  Then the flood came (Qt 4)

My conclusion at the time was that my current set-up is slightly better :
Fluxbox provides the same basics & is simpler than the KDE 3 environment,
while the KDE apps I use (mainly Konsole Gwenview Okular) are better in 4 .

However, there are  2  small items I really miss : Kmahjongg Kworldclock .
I had them in my previous machine (now stand-by),
but they need a library which I can't install anymore,
so I haven't tried to recreate them in my new machine.
(Yes, I know there is Kmahjongg-4 , but it doesn't do "removed tiles").

> waben...@gmail.com wrote:
>> What I miss most of all is the fantastic konqueror.
>> It was way better than any other filemanager that I know.

I use Krusader & recommend it very highly for heavy file-lifting :
have you tried it ? -- if not, do : you may well like it.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca