Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 18 Mar 2016 19:29:29 waben...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > What I miss most of all is the fantastic konqueror. It was way
> > better than any other filemanager that I know. Of course I've
> > tested the KDE4 konqueror and also dolphin but it was horrible
> > compared to the old konqueror. Now I'm using thunar. It's far away
> > from being perfect, but it seems to be the lesser of the evils. ;-)
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > wabe
>
> I'm still using Konq rather than dolphin as a file manager and
> continue to be happy with it.  :-)
>
> What's stopping you using it?

It's some years ago and when I'm honest, I can't remember exactly
what displeased me. :-)
IIRC one thing was that the detailed view mode was not as compact
as it was with konqueror3. And there were some problems with the
theme (missing icons and some other glitches). And IIRC I also
missed some functions.

Maybe I will try it again with KDE5. But this also depends on the
dependencies. :-) I'm not sure if I'm willing to install the complete
KDE environment for this test.

--
Regards
wabe