On Tuesday 12 July 2016 13:30:58 Philip Webb wrote:
> It looks as if in the near future I am going to have to install KDE 5 ,
> if I want to go on using my regular daily apps Konsole Gwenview Okular ;
> yes, I know I can limit exposure to their requirements
> & don't need to install the whole desktop system.
>
> Before I plunge into that, is anyone else using KDE 5 every day ?
> What are people's experiences with it ?

I built a separate KDE-5 system in some spare disk space to see what it was
like. I thought it was the ugliest desktop I'd ever seen, but after a good
deal of poking around and waiting for enough development progress to have been
made I did eventually find a group of settings that suited me.

At that point, about a week ago, I converted my KDE-4 main system to KDE-5 and
I'm now using it happily. This is a desktop box running BOINC projects 24/7 so
it has no need of hibernation etc. but I do use KMail, which I've always
liked. I also don't use dolphin much, nor konqueror at all, so I haven't
stumbled over the problems some others are reporting.

So I'm fairly happy with it for now.

--
Rgds
Peter