On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 10:18:29 +0300, gevisz wrote:

> > it will take about 5 seconds to partition it.
> > And a few more to mkfs it.
>
> Just to partition - may be, but I very much doubt
> that it will take seconds to create a full-fledged
> ext4 file system on these 5TB via USB2 connention.

Even if that were the case, does it really matter? You said you wanted to
use this drive for backups, surely doing it right is more important than
doing it quickly. It's not like you have to hold its hand while mkfs is
running.

--
Neil Bothwick

Bagpipe for free: Stuff cat under arm. Pull legs, chew tail.