On Friday 16 Sep 2016 11:10:57 J. Roeleveld wrote:
> On Friday, September 16, 2016 10:54:16 AM Dan Johansson wrote:

> > > Quick guess, you are running "stable" kde plasma (5.6.5)?
> > > There is a bug there that is fixed in later versions.
> > >
> > > I am using 5.7.4 and haven't seen that issue anymore.
> >
> > Yes, you are correct, I'm running stable (5.6.5).
> > Then I'll have to wait for next release to "go stable" or try upgrading
> > to 5.7.4.
> >
> > Thanks for your support.
>
> I'm not sure how long that will take.
> I've been running 5.7.4 without any obvious issues for a while now...
>
> Attached is the "package.accept_keywords"  file I use for 5.7.4
>
> It's up to you to decide, but every time you log-out, you'll have the same
> issue with 5.6...

I upgraded yesterday from 5.7.4 to 5.7.5. I hoped the problem I have had
been fixed, but no. If I switch desktops too many times, or too often or
something, the desktop becomes unusable until I reboot (I haven't tried just
restarting xdm). It flickers rapidly, bits of one desktop are shown in the
middle of another or on a blank background, and it's hard to see just which
is the currently active desktop.

This may be a bad interaction with the xorg-driver for my AMD GPU, which has
only been on the market for about a year. Though sys-firmware/amdgpu-ucode
hasn't changed since June.

--
Rgds
Peter