On Sat, 9/24/16, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
 To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
 Date: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 6:25 PM

 J. Roeleveld wrote:
 >> On September
 24, 2016 11:42:23 PM GMT+02:00, Christopher Robinson
 ><chrisrobin...@rocketmail.com>
 wrote:Joost,

 I appreciate this reply. I did assume that after I booted the minimal install
and the files compiled
I could get to a graphic desktop. That is what happens with the Live DVD, in
spite of the fact that
Neil sees no difference bewteen the two. II now understand that there is no
installer. The password/
user again was based on a mistaken similarity between the minimal install and
the Live DVD.
My thinking was that the minimal install required a password/user to run
whereas the Live DVD
did not.

 >> >Joost you should not be
 responding to people seeking help. Your
 >> >attititude is offensive.
 >>
 >> Please do
 enlighten us. What part of the email you are responding
 >is offensive?
 >

 >I'd just like to
 take a moment and commend the regular posters to this
 >list, from whom I have learned much over
 the last few years, for
 >showing
 >what is, in my opinion, great restraint and
 civility towards the OP.
 >If
 >he had walked into *my house* and
 immediately began chastising the
 >locals
 and lecturing them on how they should act, well, I may not
 have
 >been able to be so charitable.
 Well done, chaps!

 Not going to fall into the obvious trap leading
 to politics and immigration. :)
 (Sorry, too
 much of that going on in the world....)

 I actually find it's a lot more fun to stay
 civil. It might also help in solving the actual issue the OP
 is having.

 --
 Joost

 --

 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail.
 Please excuse my brevity.