On September 25, 2016 12:42:00 AM GMT+02:00, Christopher Robinson
<chrisrobin...@rocketmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 9/24/16, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:
>
> Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
> To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
> Date: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 6:25 PM
>
> On September 25, 2016
> 12:10:59 AM GMT+02:00, Dutch Ingraham <s...@gmx.us> wrote:
> >On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 09:49:07PM +0000,
> J. Roeleveld wrote:
> >> On September
> 24, 2016 11:42:23 PM GMT+02:00, Christopher Robinson
> ><chrisrobin...@rocketmail.com>
> wrote:Joost,
>
>I appreciate this reply. I did assume that after I booted the minimal
>install and the files compiled
>I could get to a graphic desktop. That is what happens with the Live
>DVD, in spite of the fact that
>Neil sees no difference bewteen the two. II now understand that there
>is no installer. The password/
>user again was based on a mistaken similarity between the minimal
>install and the Live DVD.
>My thinking was that the minimal install required a password/user to
>run whereas the Live DVD
>did not.

> responding to people seeking help. Your
> >>
> >> Please do
> enlighten us. What part of the email you are responding
> >is offensive?
> >

> >I'd just like to
> take a moment and commend the regular posters to this
> >list, from whom I have learned much over
> the last few years, for
> >showing
> >what is, in my opinion, great restraint and
> civility towards the OP.
> >If
> >he had walked into *my house* and
> immediately began chastising the
> >locals
> and lecturing them on how they should act, well, I may not
> have
> >been able to be so charitable.
> Well done, chaps!
>

> Not going to fall into the obvious trap leading
> to politics and immigration. :)
> (Sorry, too
> much of that going on in the world....)
>
> I actually find it's a lot more fun to stay
> civil. It might also help in solving the actual issue the OP
> is having.
>
> --
> Joost
>
> --
>
> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail.
> Please excuse my brevity.

If you want to install Gentoo. Go back to the first reply, by Neil, and follow
the handbook.

When you encounter problems, please point to the part of the handbook you are
stuck with.

Please also include information on any choices you made along the way and any
deviations from the handbook until the point you are stuck with.

--
Joost