Andrej Rode wrote:
>> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y --backtrack=100 --keep-going -v -j8
>> --quiet-build=n -1"
> Hm, backtrack and -1 seem reasonable, I guess I'll update my default
> conf! Thanks

Welcome.  That has been there so long, I don't even remember what it
does now.   :/

>> Alan and Neil has a amazing ability to decrypt the output of emerge.
>> Sometimes I have to post and wait for one of them.  I'm getting better
>> at it.  I figure by the time I get as good as Alan and Neil, they will
>> change the way it spits out data and we will all have to learn it
>> again.   lol
> As I said you have to know what to look for. And I don't think libraries
> and USE flags will change too quickly so we should be able to keep up ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Andrej

Yea, one thing I have learned, read it backwards.  Start at the bottom
and work your way back up.  A lot of times, that helps.

Still, once a lot of us get it, some dev will change it, hopefully for
the better.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)