On 21/12/2016 21:20, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> [...]
>> systemd USE flag to packages is a really quick way to end up with
>> systemd getting installed.  Generally speaking it shouldn't just
>> happen by default...
>>
>> Can you show the output when you add -t to the emerge command?  I
>> think that will be helpful.  However, I think an earlier poster was on
>> the right track when he pointed out that the tmpfiles virtual requires
>> an unstable version of openrc.  I'm not sure why that was getting
>> pulled in in the first place, and -t should show that.
>>

>>> emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy
>>> "media-libs/mesa[egl,gbm,gles2?,wayland]".
>>> !!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
>>> - media-libs/mesa-11.2.2::gentoo (Change USE: +wayland)
>>> (dependency required by "kde-plasma/kwin-5.8.3::gentoo" [ebuild])
>>> (dependency required by "kde-plasma/plasma-workspace-5.8.3-r4::gentoo"
>>> [ebuild])
>>> (dependency required by "net-p2p/ktorrent-5.0.1::gentoo[shutdown]" [ebuild])
>>> (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
>>> (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
>>> [1]    20322 exit 1     emerge -t --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y
>>> --tree --keep-going
>>>
>>> What?
>>>
>>> Now wayland shall be installed? IIIIIKKKKKSSSS!
>>> I want my UNIX back!
>>
>> Interesting.  I just noticed that it pulled in wayland for me.  I have
>> no idea why kwin requires wayland support in mesa.  It obviously works
>> fine with xorg.  I might do some looking into that.
>>
>> There isn't really anything non-UNIX about wayland, though I'm not
>> sure I'd be in a rush to use it just yet.  It is just a replacement
>> for xorg (to say the least, it doesn't purport to be a
>> feature-complete replacement and may never be).
>>
>> Your wayland issues and your systemd issues are most likely entirely
>> unrelated...
>>
>> --
>> Rich
>>
> Hi Rich,
>
> to confess everything ... this time
> :)
>
> The following output is base on setting "-systemd" and "-wayland"
> in make.confs USE flag, "-t" was set also.
>
> And here the master portage spoke words:
>
> emerge -t --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y --tree --keep-going
> --backtrack=30 --exclude media-video/nvidia-settings --exclude
> app-misc/screen --exclude app-misc/ytree --exclude dev-python/sip --exclude
> app-shells/bash @world -v
>
> These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
>
> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild   R    ] media-libs/mesa-12.0.1::gentoo  USE="classic dri3 egl
> gallium gbm llvm nptl udev vaapi vdpau wayland* xvmc -bindist -d3d9 -debug
> -gles1 -gles2 -opencl -openmax -osmesa -pax_kernel -pic (-selinux) -valgrind
> -xa" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" VIDEO_CARDS="(-freedreno) -i915 -i965 -ilo
> -intel -nouveau -r100 -r200 -r300 -r600 -radeon -radeonsi (-vc4) -vmware" 0

USE=wayland is off by default for mesa, so you have something switching
it on.

grep -r wayland /etc/portage
to find what

> [nomerge       ] virtual/tmpfiles-0::gentoo
> [nomerge       ]  sys-apps/systemd-226-r2:0/2::gentoo  USE="acl kdbus kmod
> lz4 pam seccomp ssl (-apparmor) -audit -build -cryptsetup -curl -elfutils
> -gcrypt -gnuefi -http -idn -importd -lzma -nat -policykit -qrcode (-selinux)
> -sysv-utils {-test} -vanilla -xkb" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
> [ebuild  N     ]   sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration-6::gentoo  63 KiB
> [ebuild   R    ]   sys-apps/dbus-1.10.12::gentoo  USE="X systemd* -debug -doc
> (-selinux) -static-libs {-test} -user-session" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" 0 KiB

USE=systemd is of by default for dbus so yu have something switching it on.

grep -r systemd /etc/portage
to find what

Additionally, virtual/tmpfiles has this:

RDEPEND="
        || (
                sys-apps/opentmpfiles
                sys-apps/systemd

Because you have systemd on somehow, portage is picking the second
chice. You have the first, so explicitly emerge opentmpfiles.

If both of those grep -r commands return nothing, then your next avenue
is your selected profile must be enabling wayland and systemd somehow.
But I don't see how profile [1] would do that ... so the greps will
likely reveal the true cause

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com