On 03/07/2017 01:47 PM, David W Noon wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 13:19:33 -0700, the...@sys-concept.com
> (the...@sys-concept.com) wrote about Re: [gentoo-user] Helvetica fonts:
>
> [snip]
>> fc-list | egrep 'Helvetica' | sort
>
> This last one should give you what you need:
>
>> /usr/share/fonts/Helvetica/Helvetica.pfa:Helvetica:style=Regular
>
>> The display far from samples fonts on wiki :-/

Sorry, was typing fast. I mean to say the display fonts via flpsed are
not what is shown on wiki pages.

> I don't understand the above sentence.

It seems to me the problem is the creator of the pdf document (on my
system): pdfTeX-1.40.16 or cairo 1.9.5

Viewing these document via evnce, gv, gimp etc it show normal, nice
fonts; but when I open (same document) locally created via "flpsed" the
fonts are very rough.

When I try to open any other PDF file via "flpsed", not created by me,
the fonts are nice looking.

So, maybe I'm looking in a wrong place.

Here what is on my system:
qlist -C -I texlive