Quick pointers in case you discover, like I did, your latest konqueror:5
update makes all your Konqueror bookmarks disappear.

Following the stabilisation of konqueror:5 I updated from kde-
apps/konqueror-16.08.3 to kde-apps/konqueror-16.12.3.  I noticed an elog
message to install kde-apps/keditbookmarks:5 for bookmarks support.  Well,
kde-apps/keditbookmarks was in the packages portage updated, so I didn't think
more of it.  However, I just noticed that my Konqueror bookmarks are no longer
there!  Where have they gone and how can I get them back?

All I found in ~/.local/share is:

.local/share/konqueror/bookmarks.xml:<xbel
xmlns:bookmark="http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/desktop-bookmarks";
dbusName="konqueror"
xmlns:mime="http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info";
xmlns:kdepriv="http://www.kde.org/kdepriv"; folded="no"/>
Binary file .local/share/konqueror/konq_history matches

So, I looked in ~/.kde4 and fair enough there they were listed in:

.kde4/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml

Then I used the Bookmark Editor in Konqueror to import them, replacing the
default single bookmark of konqueror:5.

Meanwhile, all sort of Dolphin unpleasantness has arrived to Konqueror too,
which is quite disappointing.  I'll post separately about this in case there
are fixes I haven't yet discovered.
--
Regards,
Mick