Hello!

In my wireless home network I use a static IP for my machine. The regarding line in /etc/conf.d/net reads as follows (let's assume that my SSID is in fact "MySSID"):

   config_MySSID="192.168.0.10/24"

Is there a possibility to configure this IP not only for this specific SSID, but also for a specific MAC address of my wireless card? I only want my "main" wireless card to have this static IP, if another card goes up and connects with the same SSID, it should be configured via DHCP.

I tried the following:

   config_MySSID="dhcp"
   config_001122334455="192.168.0.10/24"

I also changed the order of those two lines, but the SSID based config seems to "win" regardless. Also, if this config would actually work, then I would have this static IP in every network I change (this is not desireable). So I need a logical AND with those two variables, like so:

   config_MySSID="dhcp"
   config_001122334455_MySSID="192.168.0.10/24"

This would mean the following: Connect to MySSID via DHCP, except when using the interface with the MAC address 001122334455, which should get a static IP.

Not to mention that I indeed tried this last one, but it didn't work either.

So, what are your thoughts? Is this possible via netifrc?

--
Kind regards

Flo