On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:20:56 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_speed_up_portage_with_cdb
>
> Ooh....VERY scary. Not where I want to go for a problem like this.
> I'll wait for the developers to make that sort of thing part of the
> baseline setup. I couldn't administer it if it broke.

I found it very straightforward. What's the worst that can happen? Your
portage tree gets messed up, which can be fixed with emerge --sync.

--
Neil Bothwick

Q. How many mathematicians does it take to change a light bulb?
A. Only one - who gives it to six Californians, thereby reducing the
problem to an earlier joke.