On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Grant <emailgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is there a better way?  If not, is there an easy way to set up that
>>> VPN connection?  I've always read that OpenVPN is a bear and I've been
>>> lucky enough to avoid needing it all this time.
>>
>> Bear, in what sense?  Slow, hard?
>

> Hard.  It seems like a waste to become acquainted with OpenVPN for
> just this purpose.  I've been using Gentoo on all of my systems for
> nearly 15 years and haven't needed it otherwise.

Learning how to set up a VPN connection, which is probably what they
are asking you to do, is not a waste of time. KVM or some variation of
it is the standard way to do this (though I very much detest it, as
each server is essentially preinstalled with unmodifiable firmware
that has control over your physical hardware).