On 08/30/2017 01:51 PM, R0b0t1 wrote:
> Like I mention in another thread (and like Rich touches on) power
> savings can be an incentive to upgrade, besides the increase in speed.
> Power efficiency and speed generally increase in multiples greater
> than one, so you are reducing the cost and time of compilations or
> general use by a lot in the end.
>
> Look at Alan's quoted build times for an example.

I plan to upgrade but it probably won't be until early next year. Broken
appliances and vehicles in need of repair...

Where I am power is 8.5c/kWh CAD, it's so cheap compared to other parts
of the world... spending over a thousand dollars to save $20/year in
power is not really worth it. If I was paying 30c/kWh I would've
upgraded already.

Dan