On 2017-09-22 23:13, Lasse Pouru wrote:

> I don't (and won't) use PulseAudio and haven't set up dmix or anything
> like it. The weird thing is the simultaneous audio works with every
> other program I use (Qutebrowser, mpd, Audacity etc.) -- it's only Pd
> that gives the error.

AFAIK dmix has been the default output for libasound for quite a while.
Normally you don't have to set up anything for dmix to be used - that's
why your other programs work, I think.

Maybe pd is trying to use the underlying sound card directly as a
libasound output?  I don't know abything about puredata, unfortunately.