Hi,

I've had Gentoo installed on my main computer for about a month now and
want to update world.

When I did 'emerge --pretend --update --deep world'  I got told that a
package that I had installed was blocking another package.  I want to
update but omit the blocked package from the update, which incidentally
is not installed on my system.

I looked in the Gentoo documentation which told me that I had 2 options
- to omit the blocked package or remove the blocked package.  Since the
blocked package is not installed on my system, my only option is to
omit, but I couldn't find how to omit it in the documentation.  Nor,
could I figure out from the man page how to do it.

So what do I use to omit a package from being updated when I want to run
'emerge --update --deep world'

Regards,

Colleen