On Sunday, 3 December 2017 15:12:21 GMT Mick wrote:
> On 03-12-2017 ,10:57:33, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > On Saturday, 2 December 2017 12:30:57 GMT Mick wrote:
> > > I'm getting this error after I changed my profile as per
> > > '2017-11-30-new-17-
> > >
> > > profiles' news item:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > However, sys-boot/grub-0.97-r17 installed fine once keyworded on this
> > > (mostly) stable system.  This may save time for others who come across
> > > the same problem.
> > sys-boot/grub-0.97-r17
> > It has. Thanks Mick.
>
> Unfortunately, an older system with only 50MB /boot partition did not
> have enough space to allow sys-boot/grub-0.97-r17 to install all its
> files and fs drivers.  I ended up restoring /boot from a back up.  YMMV.

I spoke too soon, too. Sys-boot/grub-0.97-r17 compiled and installed all
right, as a package, but when I went to install it to the MBR I got an error
complaining of a mismatch or corruption in stage X. The wording was
something like that, and I forget the value of X. There was no mention of
disk space, and the boot partition is 2GB, so I think it's something else.

Installing sys-boot/grub-static-0.97-r12 instead went smoothly, so I've left
it like that for the moment.

Does the team think I should go back to grub-0.97-r17, take proper records
and file a bug report?

--
Regards,
Peter.