Wols Lists wrote:
> On 03/01/18 21:21, Stroller wrote:
>> Meanwhile, I've seen security vulnerabilities go unfixed for literally weeks
>> in the bug tracker, so I don't see the significance of a vulnerability an
>> attacker is unlikely to be able to reach. The sites I visit do not make me
>> fear my kernel being attacked via the browser.
>>
>> This thread is not for arguing about security, which is an old discussion
>> and which has been done to death. Everyone has their own opinions, and I'm
>> not going to add any more.
>>
>> This thread is about how to fix OP's problem, and that's what I addressed.
>> If you install kernels by specific version, as I suggest, then you're free
>> to update them manually as often as you wish.
> And heaven help you if you think emerging a specific version of
> gentoo-sources will update the kernel you're running. Because Linux
> certainly won't.
>
> Hint: changing the current version of gentoo-sources does ABSOLUTELY
> NOTHING to your running system, so why not emerge them all?
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

My question would be the opposite.  Why emerge kernels you are not going
to build anyway?  The only kernels I have installed here are the ones I
have emerged, built and installed for either current or future use.
There is no reason to have sources for kernels that I know I will never
use.  The same could apply to others as well.

Dale

:-)  :-)