On  Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 05:17:45AM +0100 , Floyd Anderson wrote:
> I would not do that. The topic itself is complex enough and sourcing of 14 !
> long and cryptic command lines doesn’t make it better. Also note that gpg.rc
> defines the deprecated ‘pgp_clearsign_command’ variable.
Right.

> BTW. as we‘re talking about NeoMutt here, I use:
> ${XDG_CONFIG_HOME:-${HOME}/.}${XDG_CONFIG_HOME:+/}neomutt/neomuttrc
> so I can run a parallel Mutt installation when things get broken.
That is a very good point.

> Instead I suggest to set ‘gpgme’ USE-flag and *only that* – no ‘crypt’,
> ‘gpg’, ‘pgp_classic’, ‘smime’, ‘smime_classic’. Look at the ebuild and
> especially the comments. This way I only need to set one ! variable to get
> the stuff working:
>
> set crypt_use_gpgme = yes
>

> To be sure you may also set:
> # ensure deprecated options are disabled or disarmed
> set pgp_autoinline              = no
> set pgp_clearsign_command       = ''
> set pgp_mime_auto               = ask-yes
> set pgp_replyinline             = no
>
> And if one like:
> # semi-automated encrypted reply to encrypted messages
> # Notes:
> #    - this can always be disabled by PGP-menu ('p')
> #    - crypt_autoencrypt or crypt_replyencrypt (if set) disables
> crypt_opportunistic_encrypt
> set crypt_opportunistic_encrypt = yes
> set crypt_autoencrypt           = no
> set crypt_replyencrypt          = no
>
> # whether or not display unusable (revoked, expired, disabled) keys
> set pgp_show_unusable           = yes
> set crypt_timestamp             = no
>

> With more than one mail address I suggest:
> send2-hook  .                         'set pgp_sign_as = ""'
> send2-hook  '~f "1st@example\.net$"'  'set pgp_sign_as =
> "0x0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF01234567"'
> send2-hook  '~f "2nd@example\.net$"'  'set pgp_sign_as =
> "0xABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF01"'
Thanks for the above, I will certainly revisit this email when I update
my config in the next month or so. :)

> > On my neomutt, when I press "v" to view attachments, all I can
> > see is text/plain. I think my neomutt does something automatic to
> > decrypt the messages.
> >

> Indeed, viewing attachments encrypted would break many functions otherwise,
> e.g. piping, printing, saving.
So Lucas's original problem sounds like an issue with this, I can only
imagine it is some sort of lack of pgp support.

> > My source docs I used when setting my gpg up with mutt were:
> > https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/wikis/MuttGuide/UseGPG
> > http://codesorcery.net/old/mutt/mutt-gnupg-howto
> >

> In the meantime NeoMutt != Mutt, so not to forget to mention
> <https://www.neomutt.org/guide/>. ;-)
Lol. Of course. I read that for my current setup. Though I never really
got to grips with what gpgme was, as I was more concerned with
bootstrapping a working (neo)mutt configuration, which is why I source
my : "14 ! long and cryptic command lines".

Thanks for the critique Floyd.

--

Roger Welsh
fpr: 2FCB 9E31 EA77 CDEC A3AE  5DD7 D54C C777 553A 180D