On Monday 17 October 2005 10:57 am, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Is anybody seeing this in recent x86 stable?
>
> I just built a stock 2005.1 system on a classic Athlon platform and I am
> getting;
>
> "/sbin/runscript.sh: line 32: /var/lib/init.d/softlevel: No such file or
> directory"

softlevel just contains the name of the level that you booted under, most
likely "default" on a line by itself.

It looks like this file is created when the system boots, as mine is dated for
when my system was cycled last.

Possibly you could try hand creating this file, but if possible you might be
better off recycling the system alltogether.

Dave