Richard Fish wrote:
> Jerry McBride wrote:
>
> FYI, the bootmisc init script already does this for you, or at least it
> does with the ~x86 baselayout.  Just "rc-update -a bootmisc boot" if it
> isn't already turned on.
>
> Also, syslog-ng will dump the kernel log to /var/log/messages when it
> starts up.  I don't know about other loggers, but they should do
> something similar.
>
> Of course, none of that helps you if your root filesystem doesn't mount!
>
> -Richard

Thanks to all for the replies.

It seems my filesystem isn't coming up as there is no evidence of the
boot anywhere under /var/log.  Guess I'll need to have the NOC console in.

I did find an old thread on the Linux Kernel list that discusses the
subject:

http://www.linuxhq.com/lnxlists/linux-kernel/lk_9905_01/index.html#00404

The only implementation I found was:

http://w.ods.org/tools/kmsgdump/

But that requires a floppy, which my server doesn't have.

~Ian