On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:14:54 +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:

> But you're saying I could have just added echo >>
> /etc/portage/env.d/media-libs/libsdl 'FEATURES="nostrip"' to
> /etc/portage/bashrc and I would have been done, all those times-- could
> have just emerged normally?

No, you put the settings in /etc/portage/env.d/cate-gory/package. Use the
attached script for bashrc.

> But man 5 portage doesn't say anything about /etc/portage/env.d,

It wouldn't, that directory is used by that particular bashrc script.

bashrc is run by ebuild at various stages of the process.

--
Neil Bothwick

If bankers can count, how come they have eight windows and only four
tellers?