On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 09:28:40 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> > > After each period at the end of a sentence, I put in two spaces,
> > > not one. Something I was taught years ago somewhere and still do.
> > > I only put one after a comma tho.
> >
> > That is correct professional secretarial style, which I always follow
> > too.
>
> Correct? In what sense? I've only encountered the practice in American
> writers (and now Canadian?), so it seems to be a regional preference.

It was done in the UK too. It dates back to the days of typewriters with
monospaced text, to make sentence breaks clearer. It's an anachronism
nowadays, but a habit that is hard to break if you were brought up that
way.

--
Neil Bothwick

PC DOS Error #04: Out of disk space. Delete Windows? (Y)es (H)ell yes!