> On Friday, 27 July 2018 11:44:08 BST gevisz wrote:
>
>> > PAM is used to separate applications from the underlying
>> > authentication mechanisms.  It checks OS user/account/passwd/session
>> > authentications when required by applications.  This is the backbone
>> > of managing Linux authentications today, although some applications
>> > retain their own application level authentication mechanism (e.g. SSH).
>>
>> So, do you think that global -pam use flag can cause Firefox
>> and QupZilla to crash on loging web-pages?
>
> You can run them with strace to see if they are trying to access any pam
> modules, but I would think it unlikely.

Thank you for the tip. I will try to use strace after reading about it.

However, currently I already deleted grobal -pam use flag and
started to update world with the new settings. Some new packages
are currently installing and some other are recompiling.

> I bet this is something to do with the graphics drivers.  Later versions of
> browsers are heavy on hardware acceleration and can stress some graphics
> drivers causing crashes like this.  Geolocation and other pop ups use the GPU
> to create rendering effects and this could be the cause of the crash.

I doubt this because the same works on old Gentoo intallation on
the same computer. But I can not be sure, of course. :)