(Moved from [pycharm-community vs pycharm-professional] thread)

R0b0t1 wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 10:54 AM, Raffaele Belardi
>> I'd use Python to develop programs for fun on an ARM-linux embedded board,
>> with the host
>> PC running Gentoo. I suppose that for debugging on the target I'd need this
>> feature:
>> "Remote run/debug" which is available only in the (pycharm)Pro edition,
>> right?
>>

> Usually what I see is either sftp or rsync (over ssh) to the remote
> computer, then ssh to run the updated files. Alternatively you can ssh
> to the remote host and run vim within that session.

I suppose vim on Host + ssh for transfer/run would be fine for me.

For debugging I saw some support for python is available in gdb but I'm not
sure of the
environment, would I run gdb on the host or on the target (via gdbserver)?
Also, is gdb a viable solution given the interpreted nature of python or I'd
better start
off with some GUI/IDE?

I normally use gdb/gdbserver for embedded C debugging so I'm fine with the gdb
command
line interface.

thanks,

raffaele