On 02/04/2019 09:23 AM, Laurence Perkins wrote:
Have you tried firejail? It gives you convenient ways to set up the container parameters consistently and is in the repo.

No, I have not.  Thank you for the pointer.

Its invocation is also simple enough to not clutter up your startup scripts.

I don't think I mind adding things to start up scripts. I'm more looking for the most Gentoo<ish> way to do what I'm wanting to do without relying on something on top of Gentoo. So if that involves adding things to start up scripts, I'm cool with it.

I just don't want to add an entire subsystem, like Docker (et al), if I don't actually have to.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be better off writing new scripts that will match existing init scripts and their methodology to (re)start/stop namespaces / containers / jails. Perhaps firejail will give me what I want or provide insight.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die