Mick wrote:

My knowledge of coding is non-existent, but as a plain user I have been using
enlightenment since the e17 days and can confirm it does not have many native
applications.  Last time I looked I found around a dozen apps in various
stages of development, plus its file manager & desktop gadgets.
> I've used e with a small selection of KDE applications, but obviously not the
> full Plasma DE.  For most of the time it worked fine.  No crashes, no lost
> data, no drama.  It just did what I needed from a desktop, efficiently,
> without eating up resources, without buggy indexers, getting out of the way
> and letting me get on with work.  I had to improvise to get some Qt

Thanks that's the kind of info I was looking for. In the end I decided to go for Xfce, mainly because the gentoo wiki pages are a lot more detailed than the E ones so it gives me the idea of a better supported environment.

raffaele