I'm considering switching from Gnome to Enlightenment. Looks very nice but has very few native applications, I was wondering why since it's been around since '97. Then I found this [1] and, as a sw programmer, got a little bit scared...

Are there any Gentoo enlightenment users who could share their experience with
this DE?
Some native (EFL) applications are available only via the enlightenment-live overlay, how stable is this?
I need a session manager to temporarily switch user without logging out,
suggestions?
I'd go with openRC, non-wayland if possible. I never got accustomed to systemd.

thanks,

raffaele

[1] https://what.thedailywtf.com/topic/15001/enlightened