Dr Rainer,

Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woi...@gmail.com> writes:
> So instead of pressing the "1" key umpteen times (plus one time
> too oft-
> en, ARGH :-) it's probably really easier to boot from a live CD.
I certainly agree with you on this, I was really just posing a
quick fix
for OP. I actually have a sysrescue disk in my boot partition,
which I
can choose from the GRUB menu when things break at home.

> And the privileged shell offered here  is also restricted  in
> that it is
> only usable for the  minority of 330 million people  using a US
> keyboard
> layout,  while the vast  majority of  7.4 billion people  NOT
> using a US
> keyboard layout will most probably not even manage  to enter
> their pass-
> word :-(
Personally, if I was debugging my openrc, I would probably try out
rc_interactive
for options 1, 2 and 3; if I was thinking of doing anything like
4, I would rather drop
to a LiveCD.

When things go bad, go with what you know works. ;)

On another note, I don't see the "keymaps" rc-service when I use
rc-status. Is there any chance it is loaded before the other
services?
Or alternatively, is there any way to set it as the first service
that
starts? Does anyone listening know?

I'm just curious now.

--