On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 5:10 PM n952162 <n952...@web.de> wrote:

> On 05/14/20 22:46, Rich Freeman wrote:
> > On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 4:13 PM n952162 <n952...@web.de> wrote:
> >> Action: sync for repo: gentoo, returned code = 0
> >>
> >>    * An update to portage is available. It is _highly_ recommended
> >>    * that you update portage now, before any other packages are updated.
> >>
> >>    * To update portage, run 'emerge --oneshot portage' now.
> > ...and?  Did you update portage as it was _highly_ recommended that
> > you do so first?  What version of portage are you using?  This appears
> > on the top line of emerge --info.
> >

> $ emerge --info
> Portage 2.3.49 (python 3.6.5-final-0, default/linux/x86/17.0, gcc-7.3.0,
> glibc-2.26-r7, 4.14.65-gentoo x86_64)

That version of portage has been removed from the repo for over a year.

I would update your system so that is current and then try again.  I
believe that version of portage should still support EAPI 7 but there
could be some other issue that is giving it problems with more recent
packages in the tree.

--
Rich