On 5/30/20 3:58 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2020 18:30:21 -0400, james wrote:

Correct.
I tried to trim it down. So here is the full output:

   #  eix --category dev-qt --installed --compact
[?] dev-qt/designer (5.14.2(5/5.14)@05/24/2020 -> 5.13.2(5/5.13)^t):
WYSIWYG tool for designing and building graphical user interfaces with
QtWidgets
[?] dev-qt/linguist-tools (5.14.2(5/5.14)@05/24/2020 ->
(~)5.14.1(5/5.14)^t): Tools for working with Qt translation data files
[I] dev-qt/qt-creator (4.8.2@05/24/2020): Lightweight IDE for C++/QML
development centering around Qt

For a much easier to parse (and more email friendly) output, try

qlist -ICv dev-qt/

Thx Neil && Jack:

# qlist -ICv dev-qt/
dev-qt/designer-5.14.2
dev-qt/linguist-5.14.2
dev-qt/linguist-tools-5.14.2
dev-qt/qt-creator-4.8.2
dev-qt/qt-docs-5.14.2_p202003291239
dev-qt/qt3d-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtchooser-66
dev-qt/qtconcurrent-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtcore-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtdatavis3d-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtdbus-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtdiag-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtgraphicaleffects-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtgui-5.14.2
dev-qt/qthelp-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtimageformats-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtlockedfile-2.4.1_p20171024
dev-qt/qtmultimedia-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtopengl-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtpositioning-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtprintsupport-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtquickcontrols-5.14.1
dev-qt/qtscript-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtsingleapplication-2.6.1_p20171024
dev-qt/qtsql-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtsvg-5.14.1
dev-qt/qttest-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtwayland-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtwebchannel-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.212.0_pre20200309-r1
dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.14.2
dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.14.2

qlist -ICv dev-qt/ | wc -l
36

Those are the installed. It's trying to upgrade to the latest:

It's trying now to downgrade  any to 5.13.2, or 5.14.1  etc.

I'd rather just block them for now until the 5.14.2 stabilizes?

Any quick (syntax) suggestions on locking into the newest offerings for qt* would be keen, as what I have tried, to date, does not seem to placate the qt_beast.....

Since purging python 2.7 pathway is underhand (not complaining) I figured I might as well be up on the latest qt*, as the newest codes always seem to work for me. My next gentoo install will be all testing/edge codes.

Note: I also use a wide variety of secondary sources for ebuilds, for example:
sync-uri = rsync://roverlay.dev.gentoo.org/roverlay

I suspect the problem(s), that are recurring upgrades with qt* may be do to the latest release of qt packages, these extra repos, or something unknown to me as a necessary sequence to upgrade qt packages. It is a recurring problem.

hth,
James