Hi Dale, I looked at Veracrypt and ran into the fact that it on windows
Veracrypt MUST be installed by an administrator which is a blocker for
using USB keys on computers I don't control (such as transporting files
securely between locations - i.e., where there is potential to lose the
usb key):

see
https://www.veracrypt.fr/en/Using%20VeraCrypt%20Without%20Administrator%20Privileges.html

BillK